The idea of composting certainly isn't new, but what makes this one so special is that all the composting is done below ground.
Not only is it hidden, but it also works much faster than regular composting systems because it has a large surface area to volume ratio maximising the soil contact for all those lovely bugs and worms to make there way through it super fast.
Hide them in various spots around your garden and simply cover with mulch
As the organic matter breaks down, it fertilises the surrounding plants without you having to do anything because the worms take it back out into the soil. It couldn't be simpler.
Fill one up and then move onto the next one. By the time you get to the last one, the first one is fully broken down.*
- No smells. Simply cover with mulch and let the bugs and worms have a feast.
- You can add dairy and meat scraps along with vegetables from the kitchen.
- Also great for dog poo in the lawn.
- Locking top keeps dogs and animals out.
- Propagator dome for growing cuttings and sprouting seeds super fast due to the compost producing heat and moisture as it breaks down
How many do you need?
*Two for each person in your household. This will give you the capacity to keep filling each one and moving to the next one.
Of course if you have more than the average in veggie scraps, it would be beneficial to extra Little Aussie Composters around the garden. They certainly wont do any harm, and make composting a stress free process. Let the bugs do the work!
Made and invented in Australia!
Tip: Use your Power Planter to dig the hole for your Little Aussie Composter.